- Republic of Indonesia (RI)
- Capital: Jakarta
- Population: 246 mil.
- Population in Bali: 4 mil.
- Officeal languages: Bahasa Indonesian
- Major languages: Bahasa Indonesian, English
- Religions: Islam majority, plus Christian groups, Hinduism, animism and ancestor worship.
- Balis religions: Hindu (84.5%)
- Time Zone: GMT + 7
- Time Zone Bali: GMT + 8
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah (IDR)
- International phone code: +62
Balis Galungun: Takes place for ten days every 210 days to celebrate the victory of good over evil.
Every year, many international festivals are held in Bali, in collaboration with different organisaitons. Here are some:
- BALINALE: Bali International Film Festival
- Bali International Chor Festival
- Bali Spirit Festival
- Bali Life Jazz Festival
- Rice Harvest Festival
- MRA Bali International Triathlon
- Bali Kite Festival
- Sanur Village Festival
- Ubud Writers and Readers Festival
- Traditional and Ceremonial Balinese Festivals (around the year)
- Galungan, Nyepi, Saraswati, ...
“It changed me. I didn’t want to come home.”