Take the right way for your study in Bali.
Students coming to Indonesia for short-term stays should apply for Social/Cultural Visa. The visa is initially issued for 60 days and it can be extended for another 30 days up to four times. The extension must be done at least seven days before expiration. Generally, student visas must be applied for at the consulate with jurisdiction in your state of permanent residence.
Bali Studies provides all documents required for the social visa application. After the application is closed, we will send you the documents by e-mail. It will be not later than a month after the application is close.
With these documents, you will apply for the visa. The Study Visa maybe not be obligatorily applied in your home country, it might can be applied at any Indonesian embassy. About changes with the application process of the visa, refer to the site of the Indonesian Embassy.
- Visa for a social/cultural visit (relatives, friends, social organisations, study, research, and training program)
- Single Entry Visa
- Maximum length of stay is 60 days
- Extendable maximum 4-times, up to 180 days
- Validity of visa will be three months from the date of issue
- To return the passport by post, a self addressed envelope should be provided
- Visa will be issued within three working days
Extensions must be applied for and obtained in Indonesia from the immigration.
- Approval is needed who wish to stay longer than 60 days, which must be applied for by the applicant’s sponsor, who reside/based in Indonesia
- A person granted a student, research or training visa is not permitted to take up employment
- Multiple entries need special permit from the immigration office
- One completed visa application form
- Evidence of obligation in the applicant` s country of permanent residence (e.g. a letter from employer/ college/ school, certifying the applicant`s intention to return after the visit to Indonesia).
- Written approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia should the duration of visit is to exceed 30 days.
- A letter of registration from the institution in Indonesia verifying the duration and nature of the course, training or research.
- Evidence that all fees have been paid
- If the applicant is on a Scholarship Program, a statement/letter of confirmation from the sponsor is required.
Fee for up to 60 days maximum period of stay is € 45 / � 35.00 / US$ 45 / AU$ 60, which is non-refundable. All fees must be paid either in postal order or in bank draft only. Fees for visa applications that need to be referred for approval/authorization will depend on the length of stay granted by the Immigration Office in Indonesia.
It is highly recommended that you visit the offical web site from Indonesia. Here you will find accurate information on obtaining a visa. For an extra fee, you can use expedited service which can cut processing time.
Note: As a student, trainee or volunteer, you should not enter Indonesia with a tourist visa.
After the application is closed Bali Studies will provides all documents required for application of a visa for social purposes. With these documents, you have to apply for the visa. Please take into consideration that issuing the visa requires some days. The Study Visa must not be obligatorily applied compellingly in your home country; it can be applied at any Indonesian embassy. About changes within the application process of the visa, refer to the site of the Indonesian Embassy.
We help to organize this visa by sending you a sponsor letter. You forward these on to your local consulate or embassy along with your passport and relevant form for processing. The processing of your visa is generally quick and the cut-off dates for applications to each of the Bali Studies Program ensure that you have enough time to obtain your visa before the program begins.
- Visa application form
- Visa fee
- Original passport
- 2 passport size photo
- Proof of financial means for the period of stay abroad
- A letter of admission from the University of Warmadewa
Give yourself time to get your passport before you go abroad. Make sure you have a valid passport that will not expire while abroad or for 6 months following your return. Take in your consideration, that the most students are travelling before and/or after the program. The six month validity is a general issue to enter all countries.
- Central Immigration
- Ngurah Rai Airport
- Valid for 60 days on arrival
- Extend up to 4 times for 30 days
- Cost of extension: 350.000 IDR personal, average 750.000 IDR via agent
“With regards to Bali as a study abroad destination the best advice I could give is to be yourself and bring your previous experiences to your time abroad. In Bali, experiences and development is important- be sure to get involved.”